A three-day intensive workshop on pediatric optometry was conducted by Bangalore-based Sankara Eye Hospital in association with India Vision Institute (IVI) between 13th and 15th December, 2013.
This workshop was held to educate the participants on delivering excellent eye care service to the paediatric population. It focused on binocular vision anomalies, visual information processing disorders, vision therapy procedures and amblyopia with exclusive hands-on sessions on three days. The Brien Holden Vision Institute Foundation and Optometry Giving Sight funded this ‘Paedisight’ workshop.
32 delegates, including optometry practitioners and educators, from all over the country participated in the program. Led by Prof Marc Taub of the Southern College of Optometry, Memphis, USA; Aditya Goyal of Sankara Eye Hospital, Diwakar Rao of Sankara Eye Hospital, and Sunita Agarwal, the workshop was very well received and appreciated by the participants.
- Anupam Kundu (Sight Saviour Eye Clinic, Kolkata)
- Moumita Mitra (Vidyasagar College of Optometry and Vision Science, Kolkata)
- Moumita Sarkar (MRCC, Midnapore)
- Ankit Varshney (Shree Bharatimaiya College of Optometry, Surat)
- Sankar Das (Narayana Nethralaya, Bangalore)
- P. Sandhya Rani (Swarup Eye Centre, Hyderabad)
- Swaathi (Sankara Netralaya, Chennai)
- Harjeet Singh (Directorate of Health Services, Bathinda)
- Pooja Sarbajna (LV Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad)
- Mumtaz Firoz Ahmed Qazi (Lotus College of Optometry, Mumbai)
- Kshama A Shah (Shroff Eye Hospital, Mumbai)